Monday, May 31, 2010

Trivia



This is a twelfth centuary Byzantine manuscript of an Oath, which when translated to English starts like this-

"I swear by Apollo, the healer, Asclepius, Hygieia, and Panacea, and I take to witness all the gods, all the goddesses, to keep according to my ability and my judgment, the following Oath and agreement:

To consider dear to me, as my parents, him who taught me this art; to live in common with him and, if necessary, to share my goods with him; To look upon his children as my own brothers, to teach them this art..."


What is this?









Answer:Hippocratic Oath

4 comments:

biswagyan said...

hippocrates oath by the doctor's

Aviral said...

Hippocratic Oath

Nihar said...

Hyppocratic oath; for doctors
Hyppocrates

Anonymous said...

Hippocrate's Oath, taken by all doctors...

About Me

Currently student of NIT,Warangal doing Mechanical Engineering.I did my schooling from Loyola School,Trivandrum. My interests include quizzing,music and chess.I like watching movies and I play violin.